[Hammock Camping] Re: WesternHammock Gathering

  • chcoa
    Message 1 of 36 , Dec 29, 2004
      Geesh Walter, you are a busy guy. I'm thinking we better get a date
      on the table soon before everyone's schedules fill up.

      I'm in Phx

      jamie d

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, wpick87506@a... wrote:
      > Jamie
      >
      > I have no problems with that at all. But where are you all at in
      Az? The
      > only thing that would hold me up is the dates of the gathering. An
      example would
      > be the month of Feb. The first three weekends of Feb are already
      filled. The
      > first and second weeknds of March are the same as well.
      >
      > Please don't discount the Sonoran Desert. Misquite trees are
      plentiful and
      > just as strong. West of Tucson is the Ironwood National Monument,
      designated by
      > Clinton. The Ironwood trees are no taller than 10 feet and less
      than a foot
      > in diameter, but they're not called Ironwood for nothing.
      >
      > Maybe a home and home arraingment can be made here?
      >
      > Walter
    • chcoa
      Message 36 of 36 , Jan 2, 2005
        I'm in for both places as well and any kind of camping set up is fine
        with me. I'm trying to summit the 20 highest peaks (with trails) in
        AZ so if we do something around the Santa Catalinas my vote is for
        something a little higher up with a day hike to the MT. Lemmon summit
        and if we go to the Santa Ritas I'd like to hit Mt. Wrightson. But
        if you guys aren't up for any of those trails then I'm fine kicking
        back at a car campsite too and just enjoying the breeze.

        jamie in az

        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, wpick87506@a... wrote:
        > Hi All
        >
        > The weekends listed are good for me. Although I wonder what the
        weather
        > would be like in Feb. As to location, I would like to suggest the
        Santa Rita
        > Mountains south of Tucson, i.e. Maderia Canyon. Or the Sabino
        Canyon basin in the