hammock stands

  • Amy Skowronek
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 29, 2004
      I didn't save the emails where we talked about making or buying hammock
      stands,
      and now I want one. Could somebody point me at some?

      Thanks,
      amy
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 29, 2004

        Amy, here’s the link to my home made hammock stand

        http://www.hammockcamping.com/Free%20Reports/HomeMade%20Stand.htm

        …Ed

        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 29, 2004
          Here is the link to "Risk's $25 hammock tand[sic]"

          http://www.imrisk.com/hammockstand/hammockstand.htm

          Mark
        • Amy Skowronek
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 29, 2004
            On Dec 29, 2004, at 11:32 AM, Ed Speer wrote:

            > Amy, here’s the link to my home made hammock stand
            >

            > http://www.hammockcamping.com/Free%20Reports/HomeMade%20Stand.htm

            From the description, I don't see that there's a connecting pole across
            the bottom. Is
            that correct?

            -amy
            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 29, 2004

              That’s right Amy—this stand is so strong it doesn’t need a cross support on the bottom.  I have 3 of these now—they are very strong.  Avoid the 10’ long top bar by using two 6’ bars instead—packs in the car a lot better.  Also 6’ uprights are better than 5’ uprights.  The five footers are head height and result in a lot of banged heads on the top bar—the 6’ uprights raise the top bar above most folks head level…Ed

              On Dec 29, 2004, at 11:32 AM, Ed Speer wrote:

              Amy, here’s the link to my home made hammock stand

              http://www.hammockcamping.com/Free%20Reports/HomeMade%20Stand.htm

              From the description, I don't see that there's a connecting pole across the bottom. Is
              that correct?

              -amy

              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 29, 2004
                Mark Bayern wrote:

                >Here is the link to "Risk's $25 hammock tand[sic]"
                >
                >http://www.imrisk.com/hammockstand/hammockstand.htm
                >
                >Mark

                Hi Mark, I corrected the error in the title. Now it is Hammock Stand.
                I also added the change to the hanging of the galvanized pipe. The new
                method is much easier.

                Risk
              • Mark Bayern
                Message 7 of 10 , Dec 29, 2004
                  Its amazing how long those errors can live. For some reason I spotted
                  it today but totally overlooked it when you originally did the page --
                  but I guess I'm not the only one who overlooked the misteak<smile>

                  Mark
                • karens62@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 10 , Dec 29, 2004
                    <<Also 6’ uprights are better than 5’ uprights. The five footers are head height and result in a lot of banged heads on the top bar>>

                    Actually, for Amy, the 5' lengths might be just fine :)
                  • amy
                    Message 9 of 10 , Dec 29, 2004
                      On Dec 29, 2004, at 4:32 PM, karens62@... wrote:

                      > <<Also 6’ uprights are better than 5’ uprights. The five footers are
                      > head height and result in a lot of banged heads on the top bar>>
                      >
                      > Actually, for Amy, the 5' lengths might be just fine :)

                      I'll have you know that I'm 5'4". :)

                      -amy
                    • Banjo Doje
                      Message 10 of 10 , Dec 29, 2004
                        Hey! You're taller than I am - I'm 5' 3 1/4" (I just round UP, not down) ;-)

                        Jodi
                        > I'll have you know that I'm 5'4". :)
                        >
                        > -amy

                        arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather
                        to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, chocolate coke in the
                        other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming ~
                        WOOHOO what a ride!"