HH colder than Speer?

  • jwj32542
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 21, 2004
      Has anyone noticed the HH being colder than a Speer-type?

      I slept in my homemade Speer-type with only JRB Nest and No
      Sniveller at 41* and never got cold.

      In my HH, I had the Nest and No Sniveller on bottom, with my Wiggys
      35* bag as a quilt. By about 38* I was a bit chilly, and by 35* I
      had to come in.

      Clothing was about the same both nights. It was windier on the HH
      night, but I was hanging in the corner of a 6' privacy fence with a
      tarp pulled low, and the tarp was barely moving, so I don't think
      the wind had much of an impact.

      I would think that with two layers of down on bottom and a whole bag
      inside, I could go quite a bit colder than just the JRB set. Not
      so, Kimosabe.

      Jeff