Re: fly as a tarp

  • starnescr <starnescr@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2003
      John

      I tried mine out to see what it would be like. I don't think it
      would work too good. This was the fly from my original which has
      been replaced with the bigger silnylon fly. Anyways I staked a
      corner down low, the 2 sides about a foot off the ground and the top
      end was tied to a tree. The high side was about chest high. I
      could have set it up paralel between 2 trees(like it is on my
      hammock) but I was trying it with only one tree. I still doubt it
      would work well. Reason it works for the hammock is you are right
      up under it. I guess you could set it up about 2 feet off the
      ground and have decent coverage but it would be agrivating crawling
      in and out from under. Would work well for a dog though.

      Coy Boy

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "j <johnnyanjl@y...>"