Re: [Hammock Camping] Sleeping system for HH

  • Douglas Kitchen
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 21, 2004
      I came from a different direction, I had gotten a Horse thief system for my Tarp tent. When I started using it in the HH, I was okay in mild temps. But when it started to get near 50 degrees, I was getting cold from the bottom. I changed to a foam pad that helped. I almost went to the down filled pad from Big Agnes, but instead went to "The Nest" from jacksrbetter http://216.83.168.206/index.htm with their quilt. Mainly for comfort and weight. But I do not think that system would be enough for 20-25. You biggest problem is going to be bottom warmth. You will be probably need a combo of quilt, pads and some kind of water air barrier.