fly as a tarp

  • j <johnnyanjl@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1 9:52 PM
      Has anyone ever used the fly of a Hennessy Hammock as a shelter by
      itself? How did it work for you?
      john
    • starnescr <starnescr@yahoo.com>
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 1 10:26 PM
        John

        I tried mine out to see what it would be like. I don't think it
        would work too good. This was the fly from my original which has
        been replaced with the bigger silnylon fly. Anyways I staked a
        corner down low, the 2 sides about a foot off the ground and the top
        end was tied to a tree. The high side was about chest high. I
        could have set it up paralel between 2 trees(like it is on my
        hammock) but I was trying it with only one tree. I still doubt it
        would work well. Reason it works for the hammock is you are right
        up under it. I guess you could set it up about 2 feet off the
        ground and have decent coverage but it would be agrivating crawling
        in and out from under. Would work well for a dog though.

        Coy Boy

        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "j <johnnyanjl@y...>"