Hammock Camping Re: Cord marking question

  • colonelcorn76 <colonelcorn76@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 1, 2003
      <dchinell@m...> wrote:

      > I thought it was just me that was so fussy about getting things
      centered. I
      > usually tie each knot at least twice before I'm satisfied that the
      hammock
      > is centered, at the right height, and under the right tension.
      Twice if I'm
      > lucky. Usually more than that.

      That's why I mark my cords. Then I only have to tie the knots once.
      I used to get irritated not to get it right the first time which is
      why I came up with the cord marking system. (I'm pretty sure lazy
      people are the most creative --- they have an incentive to make
      things easier that more energetic folks don't <grin>)

      Jim
    • Bill Keiser
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 11, 2003
        i would stitch some white(or maybe dayglo yellow) nylon thread through
        the rope or strap.
        bs (who just found a new list and can't help answering old posts)