Re: [Hammock Camping] Book Recommendation

  • G. Herron
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 15, 2004
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "jwj32542" <jwj32542@y...
      wrote:

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Rick <ra1@i... wrote: Beyond
      backpacking is a must read. It contains some of the best and some of
      the worst advice I have ever seen.

      Couldn't agree more. Especially about carrying only the minimum of
      water. Or barely more than the minimum, I guess. Still, water isn't
      something you shouldn't mess around with even though it's heavy. I
      always carry an extra 20oz bottle that I try to never open... just my
      backup. Though I've had it empty and run out before... not good!

      But this book is what got me started into lightweight once I got the
      bug.

      I just saw it last night in the Children's section of the library,
      btw. Unless you're using his plans (which you could probably get from
      one of us online), you can just check it out instead of buying it.

      Jeff

      Thanks... Would love for someone to send me the plans as funds are
      always in short supply..
      Glee