Re: [Hammock Camping] Top Thread Breaking

  • jwj32542
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 12, 2004
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "jonas4321" <jonas4321@h...>
      wrote:
      > What about trying a brand new, quality needle? Maybe someone
      already
      > suggested that, sorry if they did and I missed it...

      I have brand new orange Singers. I had a bent one so the new one's
      already in there. Haven't used it much so it should be sharp, and I
      took it out and checked to make sure it's still straight when these
      problems started.

      Reading the posts and links, I think the biggest problem is the
      cheap thread. I'm gonna pick up some good stuff today, then try
      resetting the tensions when I get back from my trip. (I'm leaving
      for a 3-day trip tomorrow...maybe the Swamp Fox Passage, maybe
      Pisgah NF...haven't decided yet.)

      Jeff