Re: Reflectix - Colonelcorn letter to Nancy

  • geoflyfisher <geoflyfisher@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 27, 2003
      Marge,

      I was following the thread as well.

      Went to the Home Depot near Dayton OH... No luck. Not stocked by
      the store.

      Went across the highway to Lowe's. They had lots of rolls... 1' 2'
      and 4' wide.

      I bought a roll of the wide stuff and brought it home. Cut off a
      piece 6 feet long and then cut 1 foot off the width. It works
      great. I spent a couple hours in it at 12-15 degrees a few nights
      ago. (I was also using the taco wind shell) It was pretty warm...
      maybe not quite as warm as the blue Target pad, but pretty close, and
      it is wider. Less discomfort from the wrinkles at the edges. About
      the same cost if one figures you can get 4 pads out of one $40
      roll... (Anyone want one or two 4'x6' pads?? or 3x6 or 4 2x4 pads...
      you get the idea - I got too much of the stuff!)

      To put it in the pack, I folded it over along the long length and
      then loosely rolled it as a 18" high tube inside the pack.

      Rick
    • colonelcorn76 <colonelcorn76@yahoo.com>
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 27, 2003
        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Marge Prothman" <marge@p...>
        wrote:
        > Well here is what I got for an answer: Just find out the store
        number the
        > person in the email bought his from and then we will investigate
        and find
        > some for me. (if in fact I am not in the looney bin by then).
        >
        > So, Colonelcorn could you please tell me the store number you
        bought yours
        > from. I bet a telephone call to your store would do it. Then I
        can go back
        > and give those guys a what too....

        OK. I went to HD on the way home and have the following details for
        you to give your HD friends:

        The labels have the following info,
        Size
        Bold Number
        'Nother bold number above the UPC
        Std number below the UPC

        Here's the info for the 3 sizes they carry...

        16" x 25'
        ST16025
        C884-250
        716511 516014

        4' x 25'
        BP48025
        C884-247
        716511 340015

        24" x 25'
        ST24025
        B884-412
        716511 520011

        If your Home Depot folks still can't find it, the UPC code should be
        enough for the folks at Lowe's or possibly your local hardware store
        to find it.

        Since some of you are having problems finding it, I'll be glad to
        pick some up for any member of this list and ship it to them for
        $1/foot (24" size) or $1.75/foot (4' size) + $4.50 for USPS Priority
        Mail which should cover costs. I'm at HD enough that it's not an
        extra trip and I can have my admin do the mailing <grin>. You're
        better off if you can find it locally but if you really want some &
        can't find it I'll get into the Reflectix shipping business.

        Jim
      • Marge Prothman
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 27, 2003
          Thank You Jim,

          I hope to make the trip again next week, so will have all my documentation
          in hand. We do not have a Lowe's or any other big store near us Home Depot
          is it
          unless I go to Boise, Idaho, but that is a three hour drive.
          Thanks again,

          Marge

          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 28, 2003
            wrote:
            > Thank You Jim,
            >
            > I hope to make the trip again next week, so will have all my
            documentation
            > in hand. We do not have a Lowe's or any other big store near us
            Home Depot
            > is it
            > unless I go to Boise, Idaho, but that is a three hour drive.
            > Thanks again,
            >
            > Marge

            No problem. I love the stuff. It's almost as good as the Z-Fold pad
            I use for temp control (it's good alone down into the mid-high 30s)
            and in combination with the Z-Fold gets me another 10 degrees (I put
            the Reflectix on the bottom and the pad on top of that - I read
            somewhere and it seems to be true that the radiant effect is best if
            there's a little space between it & the source of the heat). I just
            wish they made it in longer rolls. My scouts who hammock use it too.