Re: Reflectix - Colonelcorn letter to Nancy

  • colonelcorn76 <colonelcorn76@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 27, 2003
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Marge Prothman" <marge@p...>
      wrote:
      > Then with 5 orange vests around me, they asked the question "what
      do you
      > want to use it for?"

      LOL! I always tell them that I'm getting it for my kid's science
      project & I have no idea why he wants it but it's got to be exactly
      whatever I'm asking for at the time that way they're sympathetic
      with this poor old father who's clueless and they avoid making lots
      of useless suggestions. Unless of course I'm looking for ideas and
      then I'll discuss what I'm trying to do because sometimes the guy
      actually came out of the building trades or whatever and can suggest
      an alternative for me.

      > Well here is what I got for an answer: Just find out the store
      number the
      > person in the email bought his from and then we will investigate
      and find
      > some for me. (if in fact I am not in the looney bin by then).

      The store number is 6208 (Southington, CT) and their phone number is
      860-621-6770. They knew what I was looking for and I can get the SKU
      or whatever other numbers your guys want.
    • geoflyfisher <geoflyfisher@yahoo.com>
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 27, 2003
        Marge,

        I was following the thread as well.

        Went to the Home Depot near Dayton OH... No luck. Not stocked by
        the store.

        Went across the highway to Lowe's. They had lots of rolls... 1' 2'
        and 4' wide.

        I bought a roll of the wide stuff and brought it home. Cut off a
        piece 6 feet long and then cut 1 foot off the width. It works
        great. I spent a couple hours in it at 12-15 degrees a few nights
        ago. (I was also using the taco wind shell) It was pretty warm...
        maybe not quite as warm as the blue Target pad, but pretty close, and
        it is wider. Less discomfort from the wrinkles at the edges. About
        the same cost if one figures you can get 4 pads out of one $40
        roll... (Anyone want one or two 4'x6' pads?? or 3x6 or 4 2x4 pads...
        you get the idea - I got too much of the stuff!)

        To put it in the pack, I folded it over along the long length and
        then loosely rolled it as a 18" high tube inside the pack.

        Rick
      • colonelcorn76 <colonelcorn76@yahoo.com>
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 27, 2003
          wrote:
          > Well here is what I got for an answer: Just find out the store
          number the
          > person in the email bought his from and then we will investigate
          and find
          > some for me. (if in fact I am not in the looney bin by then).
          >
          > So, Colonelcorn could you please tell me the store number you
          bought yours
          > from. I bet a telephone call to your store would do it. Then I
          can go back
          > and give those guys a what too....

          OK. I went to HD on the way home and have the following details for
          you to give your HD friends:

          The labels have the following info,
          Size
          Bold Number
          'Nother bold number above the UPC
          Std number below the UPC

          Here's the info for the 3 sizes they carry...

          16" x 25'
          ST16025
          C884-250
          716511 516014

          4' x 25'
          BP48025
          C884-247
          716511 340015

          24" x 25'
          ST24025
          B884-412
          716511 520011

          If your Home Depot folks still can't find it, the UPC code should be
          enough for the folks at Lowe's or possibly your local hardware store
          to find it.

          Since some of you are having problems finding it, I'll be glad to
          pick some up for any member of this list and ship it to them for
          $1/foot (24" size) or $1.75/foot (4' size) + $4.50 for USPS Priority
          Mail which should cover costs. I'm at HD enough that it's not an
          extra trip and I can have my admin do the mailing <grin>. You're
          better off if you can find it locally but if you really want some &
          can't find it I'll get into the Reflectix shipping business.

          Jim
        • Marge Prothman
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 27, 2003
            Thank You Jim,

            I hope to make the trip again next week, so will have all my documentation
            in hand. We do not have a Lowe's or any other big store near us Home Depot
            is it
            unless I go to Boise, Idaho, but that is a three hour drive.
            Thanks again,

            Marge

            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 28, 2003
              wrote:
              > Thank You Jim,
              >
              > I hope to make the trip again next week, so will have all my
              documentation
              > in hand. We do not have a Lowe's or any other big store near us
              Home Depot
              > is it
              > unless I go to Boise, Idaho, but that is a three hour drive.
              > Thanks again,
              >
              > Marge

              No problem. I love the stuff. It's almost as good as the Z-Fold pad
              I use for temp control (it's good alone down into the mid-high 30s)
              and in combination with the Z-Fold gets me another 10 degrees (I put
              the Reflectix on the bottom and the pad on top of that - I read
              somewhere and it seems to be true that the radiant effect is best if
              there's a little space between it & the source of the heat). I just
              wish they made it in longer rolls. My scouts who hammock use it too.