Re: Reflectix - Colonelcorn letter to Nancy

  • colonelcorn76 <colonelcorn76@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 27, 2003
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Marge Prothman" <marge@p...>
      wrote:
      > Just wanted all you hammock people to know my experience in Home
      Depot
      > today.
      >
      > I took a day off from skiing, drove the 60 miles to Twin Falls,
      Idaho, and

      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 27, 2003
        wrote:
        > Then with 5 orange vests around me, they asked the question "what
        do you
        > want to use it for?"

        LOL! I always tell them that I'm getting it for my kid's science
        project & I have no idea why he wants it but it's got to be exactly
        whatever I'm asking for at the time that way they're sympathetic
        with this poor old father who's clueless and they avoid making lots
        of useless suggestions. Unless of course I'm looking for ideas and
        then I'll discuss what I'm trying to do because sometimes the guy
        actually came out of the building trades or whatever and can suggest
        an alternative for me.

        > Well here is what I got for an answer: Just find out the store
        number the
        > person in the email bought his from and then we will investigate
        and find
        > some for me. (if in fact I am not in the looney bin by then).

        The store number is 6208 (Southington, CT) and their phone number is
        860-621-6770. They knew what I was looking for and I can get the SKU
        or whatever other numbers your guys want.
      • geoflyfisher <geoflyfisher@yahoo.com>
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 27, 2003
          Marge,

          I was following the thread as well.

          Went to the Home Depot near Dayton OH... No luck. Not stocked by
          the store.

          Went across the highway to Lowe's. They had lots of rolls... 1' 2'
          and 4' wide.

          I bought a roll of the wide stuff and brought it home. Cut off a
          piece 6 feet long and then cut 1 foot off the width. It works
          great. I spent a couple hours in it at 12-15 degrees a few nights
          ago. (I was also using the taco wind shell) It was pretty warm...
          maybe not quite as warm as the blue Target pad, but pretty close, and
          it is wider. Less discomfort from the wrinkles at the edges. About
          the same cost if one figures you can get 4 pads out of one $40
          roll... (Anyone want one or two 4'x6' pads?? or 3x6 or 4 2x4 pads...
          you get the idea - I got too much of the stuff!)

          To put it in the pack, I folded it over along the long length and
          then loosely rolled it as a 18" high tube inside the pack.

          Rick
        • colonelcorn76 <colonelcorn76@yahoo.com>
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 27, 2003
            wrote:
            > Well here is what I got for an answer: Just find out the store
            number the
            > person in the email bought his from and then we will investigate
            and find
            > some for me. (if in fact I am not in the looney bin by then).
            >
            > So, Colonelcorn could you please tell me the store number you
            bought yours
            > from. I bet a telephone call to your store would do it. Then I
            can go back
            > and give those guys a what too....

            OK. I went to HD on the way home and have the following details for
            you to give your HD friends:

            The labels have the following info,
            Size
            Bold Number
            'Nother bold number above the UPC
            Std number below the UPC

            Here's the info for the 3 sizes they carry...

            16" x 25'
            ST16025
            C884-250
            716511 516014

            4' x 25'
            BP48025
            C884-247
            716511 340015

            24" x 25'
            ST24025
            B884-412
            716511 520011

            If your Home Depot folks still can't find it, the UPC code should be
            enough for the folks at Lowe's or possibly your local hardware store
            to find it.

            Since some of you are having problems finding it, I'll be glad to
            pick some up for any member of this list and ship it to them for
            $1/foot (24" size) or $1.75/foot (4' size) + $4.50 for USPS Priority
            Mail which should cover costs. I'm at HD enough that it's not an
            extra trip and I can have my admin do the mailing <grin>. You're
            better off if you can find it locally but if you really want some &
            can't find it I'll get into the Reflectix shipping business.

            Jim
          • Marge Prothman
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 27, 2003
              Thank You Jim,

              I hope to make the trip again next week, so will have all my documentation
              in hand. We do not have a Lowe's or any other big store near us Home Depot
              is it
              unless I go to Boise, Idaho, but that is a three hour drive.
              Thanks again,

              Marge

              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 28, 2003
                wrote:
                > Thank You Jim,
                >
                > I hope to make the trip again next week, so will have all my
                documentation
                > in hand. We do not have a Lowe's or any other big store near us
                Home Depot
                > is it
                > unless I go to Boise, Idaho, but that is a three hour drive.
                > Thanks again,
                >
                > Marge

                No problem. I love the stuff. It's almost as good as the Z-Fold pad
                I use for temp control (it's good alone down into the mid-high 30s)
                and in combination with the Z-Fold gets me another 10 degrees (I put
                the Reflectix on the bottom and the pad on top of that - I read
                somewhere and it seems to be true that the radiant effect is best if
                there's a little space between it & the source of the heat). I just
                wish they made it in longer rolls. My scouts who hammock use it too.