Re: Yee ole flappin tarp question

  • chcoa
    Message 1 of 36 , Dec 8, 2004
      Dave, it did seam to be more at the right foot side so maybe I didn't
      get that bunge streched enough. I'll check that on another set up in
      the future.
      If it's the tarp then that sucks becuase while I would like a larger
      tarp anyway and I certainly would go with something like the MacCat
      (having heard so many good things about cat-curves) I just don't have
      the funds to buy a new tarp right now. Bummer

      jamie in az

      > Jamie,
      >
      > I think that flapping is caused by looseness in some area of the
      tarp
      > and this loose material being free to flap in the breeze. I would
      > think that you could determine what area of the tarp was loose by
      > looking at it. If you can't get the tarp taut by applying tension
      on
      > the four tieouts, then I would think that the flapping problem is
      > with the tarp, not in your setup. I was unable to get the center
      area
      > taut by applying tension on the four tieouts on the tarp of the
      asym
      > HH that I once had. I think that is one of the major reasons while
      > some folks are so thrilled with the MacCat tarps (and probably
      Jack's
      > tarp as well); they probably don't flap in a breeze if you apply
      > proper tension to the tieouts.
      >
      > Youngblood

    • chcoa
      Message 36 of 36 , Jan 2, 2005
        I'm in for both places as well and any kind of camping set up is fine
        with me. I'm trying to summit the 20 highest peaks (with trails) in
        AZ so if we do something around the Santa Catalinas my vote is for
        something a little higher up with a day hike to the MT. Lemmon summit
        and if we go to the Santa Ritas I'd like to hit Mt. Wrightson. But
        if you guys aren't up for any of those trails then I'm fine kicking
        back at a car campsite too and just enjoying the breeze.

        jamie in az

        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, wpick87506@a... wrote:
        > Hi All
        >
        > The weekends listed are good for me. Although I wonder what the
        weather
        > would be like in Feb. As to location, I would like to suggest the
        Santa Rita
        > Mountains south of Tucson, i.e. Maderia Canyon. Or the Sabino
        Canyon basin in the