Re: Hammock Camping Reflectix - Colonelcorn letter to Nancy

  • josh lane
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 26, 2003
      LOL

      I love it

      I get some awsome stare and looks when I tell people what some of the things
      that I need are for. I USED to get less crazy looks joking and saying
      explosives, but I can't do that any more.

    • djdurham1 <djdurham@netzero.net>
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 27, 2003
        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Marge Prothman" <marge@p...>
        wrote:
        > Just wanted all you hammock people to know my experience in Home
        Depot
        > today.
        >

        > Well here is what I got for an answer: Just find out the store
        number the
        > person in the email bought his from and then we will investigate
        and find
        > some for me. (if in fact I am not in the looney bin by then).
        >

        > Cheers,
        > Marge [The Old Gal]
        > http://www.prothman.org/marge

        Home Depot MA4621 in Leesburg VA 703-737-7664 carries Reflectix. They
        have it in the Millwork section.

        Douglas
      • colonelcorn76 <colonelcorn76@yahoo.com>
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 27, 2003

          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 27, 2003
            wrote:
            > Then with 5 orange vests around me, they asked the question "what
            do you
            > want to use it for?"

            LOL! I always tell them that I'm getting it for my kid's science
            project & I have no idea why he wants it but it's got to be exactly
            whatever I'm asking for at the time that way they're sympathetic
            with this poor old father who's clueless and they avoid making lots
            of useless suggestions. Unless of course I'm looking for ideas and
            then I'll discuss what I'm trying to do because sometimes the guy
            actually came out of the building trades or whatever and can suggest
            an alternative for me.

            > Well here is what I got for an answer: Just find out the store
            number the
            > person in the email bought his from and then we will investigate
            and find
            > some for me. (if in fact I am not in the looney bin by then).

            The store number is 6208 (Southington, CT) and their phone number is
            860-621-6770. They knew what I was looking for and I can get the SKU
            or whatever other numbers your guys want.
          • geoflyfisher <geoflyfisher@yahoo.com>
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 27, 2003
              Marge,

              I was following the thread as well.

              Went to the Home Depot near Dayton OH... No luck. Not stocked by
              the store.

              Went across the highway to Lowe's. They had lots of rolls... 1' 2'
              and 4' wide.

              I bought a roll of the wide stuff and brought it home. Cut off a
              piece 6 feet long and then cut 1 foot off the width. It works
              great. I spent a couple hours in it at 12-15 degrees a few nights
              ago. (I was also using the taco wind shell) It was pretty warm...
              maybe not quite as warm as the blue Target pad, but pretty close, and
              it is wider. Less discomfort from the wrinkles at the edges. About
              the same cost if one figures you can get 4 pads out of one $40
              roll... (Anyone want one or two 4'x6' pads?? or 3x6 or 4 2x4 pads...
              you get the idea - I got too much of the stuff!)

              To put it in the pack, I folded it over along the long length and
              then loosely rolled it as a 18" high tube inside the pack.

              Rick
            • colonelcorn76 <colonelcorn76@yahoo.com>
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 27, 2003
                wrote:
                > Well here is what I got for an answer: Just find out the store
                number the
                > person in the email bought his from and then we will investigate
                and find
                > some for me. (if in fact I am not in the looney bin by then).
                >
                > So, Colonelcorn could you please tell me the store number you
                bought yours
                > from. I bet a telephone call to your store would do it. Then I
                can go back
                > and give those guys a what too....

                OK. I went to HD on the way home and have the following details for
                you to give your HD friends:

                The labels have the following info,
                Size
                Bold Number
                'Nother bold number above the UPC
                Std number below the UPC

                Here's the info for the 3 sizes they carry...

                16" x 25'
                ST16025
                C884-250
                716511 516014

                4' x 25'
                BP48025
                C884-247
                716511 340015

                24" x 25'
                ST24025
                B884-412
                716511 520011

                If your Home Depot folks still can't find it, the UPC code should be
                enough for the folks at Lowe's or possibly your local hardware store
                to find it.

                Since some of you are having problems finding it, I'll be glad to
                pick some up for any member of this list and ship it to them for
                $1/foot (24" size) or $1.75/foot (4' size) + $4.50 for USPS Priority
                Mail which should cover costs. I'm at HD enough that it's not an
                extra trip and I can have my admin do the mailing <grin>. You're
                better off if you can find it locally but if you really want some &
                can't find it I'll get into the Reflectix shipping business.

                Jim
              • Marge Prothman
                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 27, 2003
                  Thank You Jim,

                  I hope to make the trip again next week, so will have all my documentation
                  in hand. We do not have a Lowe's or any other big store near us Home Depot
                  is it
                  unless I go to Boise, Idaho, but that is a three hour drive.
                  Thanks again,

                  Marge

                  Message 8 of 10 , Feb 28, 2003
                    wrote:
                    > Thank You Jim,
                    >
                    > I hope to make the trip again next week, so will have all my
                    documentation
                    > in hand. We do not have a Lowe's or any other big store near us
                    Home Depot
                    > is it
                    > unless I go to Boise, Idaho, but that is a three hour drive.
                    > Thanks again,
                    >
                    > Marge

                    No problem. I love the stuff. It's almost as good as the Z-Fold pad
                    I use for temp control (it's good alone down into the mid-high 30s)
                    and in combination with the Z-Fold gets me another 10 degrees (I put
                    the Reflectix on the bottom and the pad on top of that - I read
                    somewhere and it seems to be true that the radiant effect is best if
                    there's a little space between it & the source of the heat). I just
                    wish they made it in longer rolls. My scouts who hammock use it too.