Kids quilts

  • jwj32542
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 7, 2004
      I just spent ~$65 at Thru-Hiker.com for materials for two quilts for
      my kids...one from .8" and one from 1.3" Primaloft. Both will
      measure 58x36.

      Mainly, I'm gonna do it because any kids bags I find are either not
      really for outdoors, too heavy, or not the right size. Usually all
      three! This way they can have (hopefully) good quality sleeping
      gear that's very light and stuffs pretty small. Just their size!

      Also, now I can take one of them in their 6' hammock and they'll
      have top and bottom quilts. If I take them both, they can each have
      one quilt, which will be just fine in the summer.

      I can also use them for additional insulation with my JRB's instead
      of (or in addition to) my closed-cell pad when I go solo.

      I figure we'll use them until the kids outgrow them (4 years for the
      little one, maybe), then toss 'em and upgrade to the real thing.

      Anyone else made kids gear like this? Anything to look out for?

      Jeff