Re: [Hammock Camping] How tight? What Angle?

    Message 1 of 16 , Dec 7, 2004
      I'm the same Youngblood on Whiteblaze, but I wasn't the one that had
      a runin with a bear at Springer. There was a thread where Magnet had
      a bear take his backpack out from under his HH at Springer earlier
      this year.

      Youngblood

      > ...hehehe!
      >
      > "Youngblood"... Are you the same person who was up there 11/28 &
      > 11/29 of this year (JUST A FEW DAYS AGO...!!!) and had the run in
      with
      > the bear...? Saw some postings on WhiteBlaze while looking for
      > directions from a "Youngblood" and "Glee" and "Magnet" a/k/a "Bear
      > Pinata". Bears should be hibernating now....<g>...!
      >
      > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Womble" <dpwomble@y...>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "J.D. Hoessle" <JD@H...>
      wrote:
      > > ...snip..> And, on the subject of wives, mine thinks I am
      > > quote: "Crazier than
      > > > the outhouse rat" to be going up Springer at this time of year.
      > > >
      > > > Happy Trails,
      > > >
      > > > J.D.
      > >
      > > If the weather gets bad enough, you may feel the same way. <grin>
      > >
      > > Youngblood
    • David Chinell
      Message 2 of 16 , Dec 7, 2004
        Bill:

        Yes. In driving rain I lower the ridgeline until
        it's even with (or below) the tree ropes.

        If it gets even worse, I can lower the sides more
        by bringing in the corner pegs. I might even
        consider switching from a diagonal pitch to an
        a-frame pitch.

        Bear