Re: [Hammock Camping] How tight? What Angle?

  • J.D. Hoessle
    Message 1 of 16 , Dec 7, 2004
      ...hehehe!

      "Youngblood"... Are you the same person who was up there 11/28 &
      11/29 of this year (JUST A FEW DAYS AGO...!!!) and had the run in with
      the bear...? Saw some postings on WhiteBlaze while looking for
      directions from a "Youngblood" and "Glee" and "Magnet" a/k/a "Bear
      Pinata". Bears should be hibernating now....<g>...!

      Message 2 of 16 , Dec 7, 2004
        I'm the same Youngblood on Whiteblaze, but I wasn't the one that had
        a runin with a bear at Springer. There was a thread where Magnet had
        a bear take his backpack out from under his HH at Springer earlier
        this year.

        Youngblood

        > ...hehehe!
        >
        > "Youngblood"... Are you the same person who was up there 11/28 &
        > 11/29 of this year (JUST A FEW DAYS AGO...!!!) and had the run in
        with
        > the bear...? Saw some postings on WhiteBlaze while looking for
        > directions from a "Youngblood" and "Glee" and "Magnet" a/k/a "Bear
        > Pinata". Bears should be hibernating now....<g>...!
        >
        > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Womble" <dpwomble@y...>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "J.D. Hoessle" <JD@H...>
        wrote:
        > > ...snip..> And, on the subject of wives, mine thinks I am
        > > quote: "Crazier than
        > > > the outhouse rat" to be going up Springer at this time of year.
        > > >
        > > > Happy Trails,
        > > >
        > > > J.D.
        > >
        > > If the weather gets bad enough, you may feel the same way. <grin>
        > >
        > > Youngblood
      • David Chinell
        Message 3 of 16 , Dec 7, 2004
          Bill:

          Yes. In driving rain I lower the ridgeline until
          it's even with (or below) the tree ropes.

          If it gets even worse, I can lower the sides more
          by bringing in the corner pegs. I might even
          consider switching from a diagonal pitch to an
          a-frame pitch.

          Bear