Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: How far are you willing to go to make the hammock work?

  • Iron Llama
    Message 1 of 53 , Dec 7, 2004
      Jamie, where in AZ? I'm near Sierra Vista.

      > Yeah, I'm in AZ and I agree it's a fine state. It's really great of
      > outdoor enthusiast since we have just about everything but ocean and
      > tundra. Unfortunately, many of our lower desert wilderness areas
      > along the Mexico border have become too dangerous for backpacking due
      > to our illegal alien problem. The border crossers also bring in a
      > lot of trash and the deserts are getting hit pretty hard, but I
      > digress. Back to hammocks.
      >
      > jamie in az

      http://my.yahoo.com
    • chcoa
      Message 53 of 53 , Dec 23, 2004
        Since I'm haning the a hammock above ground wouldn't cold air
        settling in the trench be a possitive though. That way it says down
        there and the warm air rises up to me.????? OR would it serve to
        keep the whole area more cold, like something sitting on top of
        ice????

        jamie in az