Re: Under Cover Questions

  • rosaleen43@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2004
      Tvikers-

      Sgt. Rock did some experiments with a poncho liner as an under quilt while he was in Iraq last year.  When his < hikinghq.net > site comes back up (temporary problems, I think, see what he has posted there.

      I think he sent me some info via E-mail.  If I still have it, I can look for it on another computer later this week.  Ping me in a few days, if you want me to check.

      Rosaleen
      Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 12:17:07 -0600
         From: "Thomas Vickers" <redroach@...>
      Subject: Under Cover Questions

      Still a newbie here, so please be patient.

      Has anyone ever considered using or altering a military style poncho liner
      as an under cover?
      http://www.actiongear.com/cgi-bin/tame.exe/agcatalog/level4c.tam?xax=19505&M5COPY%2Ectx=25995&M5%2Ectx=25995&M2%5FDESC%2Ectx=Ponchos%2C%20Insulated%20Liners&level3%2Ectx=results%2Etam&backto=%2Fagcatalog%2Fresults%2Etam

      Since I am heading down the make my own path (I need to learn to sew), any
      advice on synthetic fills/insulations for an undercover? If I am practicing,
      I don't want to use down yet.

      Tvickers