Re: [Hammock Camping] HH Expl Delux Undercover

  • Greg Carter
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 30, 2004
      Hi Steve,

      Thanks for the email. First trip I didn't use any insulation with it. Night temps here in Aust at the moment are conducive to using a sleeping bag liner if that. I did find however, that a cool ocean breeze could leave your back/shoulder/butt chilled, so that's where the U/cover came in on its' own. I guess it cut out that convective heat loss and provided some small level of insulation.

      Since then I've added a piece of 12mm, what they call here, strip foam which is basically cheap open cell foam. I'll see what difference that makes and go from there.

      Regards

      Greg

        --- Greg Carter <fly_high@...> wrote:

        > Hi Aris,
        >
        > Sometimes you can be lucky. Didn't fit the UC until
        > it was finished. I cut
        > it out as per the pattern and sewed it up - perfect
        > fit!.
        >
        > Not using any foam at this stage, have been very
        > cosy without any
        > insulation. Experimenting with diff types of foam is
        >  the next stage of the
        > project to see what will work.
        >
        > BTW how's your Jacks R Us  going (I think that was
        > the underquilt you
        > bought)?
        >
        > Cheers
        >
        > Greg