Adventure Racer questions

  • biker135803 <pjbucca@comcast.net>
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 26, 2003
      Carol,
      I guess I'm the guy who has the Adventure Racer(AR) (donno why
      more don't). The preponderance of my experience is with the original
      HH and the Ultralite Backpacker Assym - I just haven't used the AR
      extensively although, in the future, this is my HH of choice. I have
      never used my AR (or any of my others, for that matter) as a lounge
      chair. The hammock body guy line on the AR is of mini shock cord
      composition and the tarp guy seems to be a thin nylon line or
      equivalent similar to the conventional HHs. The nylon line is
      attached to the shock cord by a simple knot which, I'm sure can be
      undone. This being said, I don't see any reason why I can't slack
      the tarp at each end of the main ropes and sit in it. I will try
      this next time.
      As for using it as a bivy in the absence of trees, although I
      haven't done this either, I don't see why this is not a possibility.
      Sorry for answering your questions with conjecture - we need more AR
      owners in the group.
      Later, Paul