Re: [Hammock Camping] Garlington Insulator

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 26 10:41 AM
      cubixcrayfish wrote:

      >I am thinking about making one.
      >
      >I am sort of confused, there doesn't seem to be clear directions on
      >the website. Also, I would use SilioNylon for this right? Where Can I
      >buy that, is it available in any stores?
      >
      >This seems like the easiest way to stay warm, this would keep we warm
      >to about 25 degrees correct?
      >
      >Thanks
      >-Cubix

      Hi Cubix,

      I have slept outside at about 5 degrees using a nice thick closed cell
      foam pad and a GI. (Along with the appropriate sleeping bags, etc. It
      should be cake to make it to 25 degrees.

      Ray makes his GI out of silnylon, but that is not necessary. Light
      weight (1.1 oz ripstop nylon) should work just as well for this
      purpose. I make my Travel Pod out of 1.1 oz ripstop and it is windproof.

      I buy almost all my cloth for these projects from one of the following
      sources:

      http://www.owfinc.com/

      http://www.questoutfitters.com/

      Recently I have most bought from the second source.

      Risk