Garlington Insulator

  • cubixcrayfish
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 26, 2004
      I am thinking about making one.

      I am sort of confused, there doesn't seem to be clear directions on
      the website. Also, I would use SilioNylon for this right? Where Can I
      buy that, is it available in any stores?

      This seems like the easiest way to stay warm, this would keep we warm
      to about 25 degrees correct?

      Thanks
      -Cubix
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 26, 2004
        cubixcrayfish wrote:

        >I am thinking about making one.
        >
        >I am sort of confused, there doesn't seem to be clear directions on
        >the website. Also, I would use SilioNylon for this right? Where Can I
        >buy that, is it available in any stores?
        >
        >This seems like the easiest way to stay warm, this would keep we warm
        >to about 25 degrees correct?
        >
        >Thanks
        >-Cubix

        Hi Cubix,

        I have slept outside at about 5 degrees using a nice thick closed cell
        foam pad and a GI. (Along with the appropriate sleeping bags, etc. It
        should be cake to make it to 25 degrees.

        Ray makes his GI out of silnylon, but that is not necessary. Light
        weight (1.1 oz ripstop nylon) should work just as well for this
        purpose. I make my Travel Pod out of 1.1 oz ripstop and it is windproof.

        I buy almost all my cloth for these projects from one of the following
        sources:

        http://www.owfinc.com/

        http://www.questoutfitters.com/

        Recently I have most bought from the second source.

        Risk