Re: [Hammock Camping] New here - Speer site...?

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 24, 2004

      http://www.speerhammocks.com/
      http://www.hammockcamping.com/Newsletters/NEWS.htm

      >I have been reading posts here for the last hour and if I have this right:
      >
      ># 1. - You gotta practice a lot to find your own "sweet spot" in order
      >to be comfortable, right?

      This was not true for me. I sleep on my back, on either side and sort
      of half way between back and side.

      ># 2. - There seems to be a lot of concern over staying warm. Airflow
      >*under* the hammock, right? I saw posts where the comfort range is 30
      >- 40 F - C'mon, what do I do when it's ZERO...!?!?!?! I love this
      >time of year 'cause no one else is out there...<g>...

      http://www.imrisk.com/hammock/ultrahammock.htm

      Lowest I have spent in a hammock was -15 F. I routinely sleep outside
      in a hammock when the temperature is in the teens.

      I love this time of year because the mosquitoes are not out.

      Rick.