Speer Hammocks Web Site Down

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 24, 2004
      I just got off the phone with Ed Speer. He knows his site is down,
      it crashed just before he was leaving town for a Thanksgiving
      vacation and he was unable to get it back up and running before he
      had to leave. He will work on it next week when he gets back. Hope
      everyone has a great holiday.

      Youngblood

      P.S. I believe that the hammock campout that someone mentioned in a
      prior post was the annual New Years Eve campout that has been going
      on for several years near the southern terminus of the Appalachian
      Trail (AT), at the Springer Mountain Shelter. It is not particularly
      for hammocks, but hammocks are okay if that's what you want to use...
      as usual, Ed is planning on being there with his. As far as I know
      it is open to all and is somewhat a tradition for AT enthusiasts that
      want to gather together on the AT to bring in the New Year.
    • J.D. Hoessle
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 24, 2004

        > I just got off the phone with Ed Speer. He knows his site is down,

        RE: This campout (see below)
        ----------------------------

        Anyone have the particulars (Times/Locations)....?

        And, what would I be getting myself into...<g>...? ...hehehe!

        Actually, it now sounds like a GREAT New Years Eve Party....!!!!

        Plus, I might get a chance to see a hammock "in the wild"....!

        OK, so now I am excited by this....! Gotta know more...! In my usual
        conservative style, I am thinking of my SkyDog and I pulling the
        Aliner (as a Base Camp) and trying to track down this party
        (Oooopppsss! "CampOut"...<g>....)

        Thanks to everyone for getting back to me re: the Speer website being
        down. I was getting worried abou that...<g>...

        Happy T-Day and Be Safe!

        Happy Trails,

        J.D.

        > P.S. I believe that the hammock campout that someone mentioned in a
        > prior post was the annual New Years Eve campout that has been going
        > on for several years near the southern terminus of the Appalachian
        > Trail (AT), at the Springer Mountain Shelter. It is not particularly
        > for hammocks, but hammocks are okay if that's what you want to use...
        > as usual, Ed is planning on being there with his. As far as I know
        > it is open to all and is somewhat a tradition for AT enthusiasts that
        > want to gather together on the AT to bring in the New Year.
      • Tee
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 24, 2004
        • J.D. Hoessle
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 24, 2004
            Well, Thank You Tee!

            Very clever! I was unaware if an archives section here.

            Happy Trails,

            J.D.