Re: Big Agnes Zirkel used in hammock down to 20F

  • starnescr <starnescr@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 25, 2003
      The difference here is your pad is not near as wide as Paul and I
      made ours but you are adding a reflectix and closed cell together.
      Just how wide is each pad? I used a similar setup a few weeks ago
      and sweated at 29 deg. My pad was the 3/8 closed cell from Target 27
      x 72. My reflectix was shorter 27 x 40 if I remember correctly. I
      wrote about it in my Crazy Crib (or was it my REI Down Time review)
      initial review on BGT. Anyway it has me thinking that my
      fleece/reflectic pad is wider (40 in) than I really need. Dean. Do
      your shoulders ever feel cool in you Big Agnes?

      I keep hearing how hammockers have to carry so much extra padding
      but as those who use reflectix know, the stuff is extreemly light.
      Bulky yes, heavy no. Paul we need to get a Garlington Insulator
      built before cold weather gets gone. (hint You need to get Linda
      busy sewing)

      Coy Boy

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "drdlm <drdlm@y...>"

      <pjbucca@c...>"