Re: arrival of JRB underquilt

  • jack_tier
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 11, 2004
      Bob Macdowell et al,

      Glad for the feedback on your 25 nights in the JRB Nest under
      quilt. Great point on the positioning. Couple of suggestions,
      first, anticipate that with repeated use the shock cord suspension
      may stretch a little which will require you to move the mount points
      outward accordingly. Don't know how much use will result in
      stretch...none has been reported to date. Please advise if this
      happens to you.

      Second, If the Nest is held folded in half lengthwise you can shake
      it and achieve 2.5-3 inches of down under your cental area and less
      on the sides, most of whch is above you anyway. This is a big help
      as the temps drop. Bob, If you have not been to our site lately go
      and checkout the articles. "Nesting tricks of an old coot" is good
      for all 4 season tricks. The article "So you want to be warm"
      should be completed and on the site in the next few days.
      WWW.jacksrbetter.com will get you there. jack--- In
      hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, BOBMACDOWELL@W... wrote:
      > Since the cold weather is here you want to make sure you have it
      > adjusted right. I have over 25 nights in mine and i've found that
      the
      > the adjustment is critical as it gets colder. The 2 bungy cords
      that
      > hook to your hammock line need to be in an exact location. Within
      1/2 in
      > either way. or you'll have cold spots. What i've done is to get the
      > quilt and let it fluff up . then put your bungy straps on the line
      about
      > 6 inches up from the knot. After hanging your quilt call your
      buddy on
      > the phone and tell him you need his assistance. Explain this to
      him.
      > With you lying in the hammock in the position you seep in. first
      tell
      > him to make sure their's no gaps around the perimeter. If their is
      slide
      > the end cord closest to the gap out very slowly until the gap
      > disappears. Next step, this is the fun part. The quilt is 1.5
      inches
      > thick. Make sure he knows how big 1.5 inches is and tell him to
      start
      > poking his finger straight up into the quilt all around the bottom.
      > Especially around your rump area. Make sure its loft is not lost.
      If so