Re: just a thought - cold weather hammocking

  • Debra Weisenstein
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 11, 2004
      I've found that a bag without a hood and with an elastic drawstring works
      well. Push the whole bag towards the end of the hammock, get in, and
      pull it up around you. With the elastic drawstring, you can pull it up and
      down without opening the zipper or the drawstring, and it stays snug
      around your shoulders but gives when you move. I use a lightweight bag
      around my hammock and another lightweight bag inside so the interior
      hammock volume is filled. For conditions below about 50, I need a pad
      also, but use a narrow torso-length piece of foam.

      DebW