RE: [Hammock Camping] just a thought - cold weather hammocking

  • David Chinell
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 9, 2004
      Greg:

      Yes, I've done it. The main problem is keeping the
      bag from sliding out of place. You can try zipping
      the foot shut below the foot of your hammock. If
      you've got a drawstring at the head, you can
      probably use that to secure the top of the bag to
      your hammock lines.

      You might also consider some tarp clips to control
      either end.

      Why not experiment with two hammocks? The top one
      would be tied to the tree, and would bear your
      weight. The bottom one would be cinched around the
      top hammock, and would not bear any weight. The
      object would be to put your bag between the
      hammocks without compressing it too much.

      Bear