RE: [Hammock Camping] 1st weekend backpacking in homemade Speer hammock

  • David Chinell
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 9, 2004
      Kathy:

      Amen to all you said about hammocks. I think the
      experimentation is half the fun.

      I've had great success with cutting 72-inch long
      foam pads in half and placing them side-by-side or
      in a T shape. (Widths from 20 to 24 inches.) I've
      got enough of these half pads around now that
      taking three in place of two is also a
      possibility.

      Bear