[Hammock Camping] Re: Looking for a Spectra fabric source (for a hammock, of course)

  • rambler4466
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 7, 2004
      <bfornshell@y...> wrote:
      > Hi, Have you bought anything from Cuben Corp?
      > Bill 1 in Texas
      > --- b <hamish54@y...> wrote:
      >

      > > NiytOwl,
      > >
      > > You might try the Cuben Corp
      > > (http://www.cubenfiber.com/cfmain.html).
      > > The make carbon fiber & spectra sailcloth. Like you
      > > I was searching
      > > for a spectra cloth source.
      > > bill2 in tx.

      A few years ago, looking for lightweight spectra, I contacted a
      small company that used it in their backpacks. They could only buy
      it in bulk, usually did not sell it to customers, but relented for a
      yard or so.
      Maybe this site can help you, scroll down to find "White window
      spectra ripstop" http://www.seattlefabrics.com/nylons.html