Re: Packing foam for insulation?

  • jmellis01
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 3, 2004
      Creekfisher,
      I've got a pad I got in the UK that's made out of similar
      stuff. I don't remember the brand but it's basically that foam
      padding with a layer of space blanket material laminated to both
      sides. It's similar to the windshield reflectors that folks have
      been using for quite a while.
      I use a lot of the packing foam like this at work. I think it
      would be a good insulator but I would question its durability. It
      also rubs against itself and builds up a nice static charge. Then
      every piece of lint or dirt around sticks to it.
      Hmmmm, what about bubble wrap......;-)

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "thecreekfisher"