New (to me) hammock?

  • Mirage
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 29, 2004
      "Kelsyus Portable Backpack Hammock with Stand"

      http://www.everywherechair.com/kel-hammock.html

      While heavy and maybe not quite in the "camping" hammock catagory, the stand has got
      my DIY juices flowing... Maybe combined with trekking poles, some pack frame stays, and
      a few extra Ti or Carbon Fiber poles, I wonder if we could come up with a working, lighter,
      alternative. I'm going to order one to see how my speer and DIY hammocks hang on it for
      comfort.

      Shane "Mirage"...
    • ghman777
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 3, 2004
        Here is one similar to that
        one...http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=155061

        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Mirage" <mirage@p...> wrote:

        > "Kelsyus Portable Backpack Hammock with Stand"
        >
        > http://www.everywherechair.com/kel-hammock.html
        >
        > While heavy and maybe not quite in the "camping" hammock catagory,
        the stand has got
        > my DIY juices flowing... Maybe combined with trekking poles, some
        pack frame stays, and
        > a few extra Ti or Carbon Fiber poles, I wonder if we could come up
        with a working, lighter,
        > alternative. I'm going to order one to see how my speer and DIY
        hammocks hang on it for
        > comfort.
        >
        > Shane "Mirage"...
      • ghman777
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 3, 2004
          sorry for the link goof.. but its in Sportsmans Guide

          --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "ghman777" <ghman777@y...>