SEHHA hike

  • biker135803 <pjbucca@comcast.net>
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 23, 2003
      I believe Coy actually understated the strength of the squall
      line I tried to punch thru to attempt a trip to his house at 2 AM
      last Saturday. High winds, signs blowing across the road, limbs
      falling all over the place, SERIOUS rain, inpenetratable fog etc. My
      concern was running into the squall line (or its aftermath)
      continuously while getting to SC. I thought about our "chickenin"
      out all weekend, but the driving would have been trecherous. We
      should have left earlier or considerably later. I sure was
      disappointed when I unpacked my backpack. Lets schedule another one
      soon!
      Later, Paul
    • starnescr <starnescr@yahoo.com>
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 25, 2003
        Hi Paul

        I wasn't able to articulate how fierce the storm was but after
        hearing about the tree fall I was glad we did not make it. Still
        felt guilty but lucky. Heavy rains followed by high winds are
        noterious for taking perfectly healthy trees to an early retirement.
        I'm just glad ED and Dave were unharmed. The squall line you
        attempted to drive through hit right after our phone conversation.
        Knocked out our power and blew limbs all over the road. Definantly
        not safe to be driving in. Maybe we can hit the next SEHHA
        gathering.

        Coy Boy

        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "biker135803 <pjbucca@c...>"