Re: [Hammock Camping] Digest Number 672

  • rosaleen43@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 22, 2004
      Risk-

      Which hammock did you use with a T-Rest and have a problem?

      Tom H. nearly insisted that I couldn't have been truly sleeping if I had a night on  a T-Rest and didn't have it "squirting out from under" me.  I do use a piece of shelf grip liner with a Therm-a-Rest, so there is that.  I keep wondering if another part of the slip puzzle is how much one inflates the T-Rest?  I can see if it were stiffer, the mattress would be more difficult to keep stable on a curved hammock surface.  I let it self-inflate and don't add much more air, so the mat remains rather flexible.

      Maybe inflation is part of the situation????

      Cheers!

      Rosaleen

      From: Rick <ra1@...>
      Subject: Re: ThermARest or Blue Pad?

      Chuck Kichline wrote:

      >Which would be most like to give better performance as an underpad:
      >A big blue pad or a big Camp Rest ThermARest?
      >

      >=====
      >Chuck Kichline
      >Austin, TX

      The one time I tried to use a thermarest I could not keep it under me.
      I think they are too heavy and do not mold as well to the shape of a
      hammock.  However, with my limited experience, you should definately
      listen to others findings.

      Risk

      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 22, 2004
        rosaleen43@... wrote:

        > Risk-
        >
        > Which hammock did you use with a T-Rest and have a problem?

        The Hennessy Asym had it squirting out. The best pad I ever found was
        the 27 inch wide Target pad which was sort of sticky. The new Target
        pad is a bit more slippery. There is a walmart pad which is nice and
        sticky but it is too thick for my likes.

        I'm off for a 75 mile AT section. Y'all be nice while I am out.

        Risk