Re: Hammock Camping Digest Number 55

  • Nancy Fister
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 22, 2003
      Dean,
      Where can you find the Reflectix stuff? I've got a Big Agnes system And a
      HH and this sounds great!
      I've tried Home Depot and they searched all over to no avail, I've checked
      my local lumber yards and they don't have it either.
      Thanks,
      Nancy

      Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 18:40:21 -0000

    • colonelcorn76 <colonelcorn76@yahoo.com>
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 22, 2003
        My Home Depot had it as did the Lowes. It's in the heating dept
        where they've got the sheetmetal stuff.

        You can also check out Wal-Mart (or K-Mart, Ocean State Job Lot,
        etc.) for truck sun shades. At Ocean State (in the North East),
        they're $2.

        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Nancy Fister"

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 24, 2003
          Nancy,

          I was in my Home Depot tonight and checked to see if they still
          carried it. When I looked in the heating/cooling aisle they didn't
          have any on the shelves. They had foil faced fiberglass stocked. The
          clerk didn't know what I was talking about. (sigh)

          On my way out I checked the building materials (lumber) end of the
          store and found it there. They now stock it in the same aisle as
          normal pink house insulation batts/rolls. It's not very big so check
          where they have the foam (pink & blue sheets) insulation stocked.
          The aisle was about 3/4 Pink Panther stuff and the end 1/4 was "all
          other insulation". It used to be that it was used to insulate
          heating/cooling ductwork. Now the wrapper has pictures of things
          like chicken coops ceilings (kid you not!) so it's now in with the
          structural insulation.

          My HD carries it in 16" x 25' ($15), 24" x 25' ($25ish) and 4'(!) x
          25' ($40). It's in rolls that they lay on a shelf so you'll only see
          the circular end and 25' rolls into about an 8" diameter circle so
          it doesn't look that big.

          If you want some and can't find it, let me know & I'd be glad to get
          a roll for you & ship it -- it weighs almost nothing so it can't be
          too expensive to ship.

          Jim

        • drdlm <drdlm@yahoo.com>
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 24, 2003
            http://www.reflectixinc.com/

            The above has some information that may prove helpful in finding this
            material. I'm positive that most Home Depots (as described so well by
            Jim) carry the product. Maybe the info will help give your clerk
            Dean

            --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "colonelcorn76