Re: [Hammock Camping] Digest Number 669

  • rosaleen43@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 19, 2004
      Jamie-
      One way you should be able to hang your hammock from your car/vehicle would be to tie one rope around its "B" pillar, maybe above the door.  I think I have the term right.  The support columns along the sides of cars are called "pillars." A is by the windshield, B is between the front and rear seat compartments, IIRC.

      Someone will surely jump in if I am wrong.  (Shane?)

      Rosaleen

      From: "chcoa" <jdeben@...>
      Subject: Who took the trees?

      I'm going to be doing some desert car camping pretty soon and I of
      course want to use my hammock.  I brought this up not too long ago
      but wanted to ask one more question....has anyone used their vehicle
      roof rack as one hanging point?  I'm thinking I might be able to find
      one suitable Palo Verde or Mesquite but will likely have to use my
      SUV for the other side. Anyone try this method before???

      Jamie in AZ
    • zippydooda
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 20, 2004
        Ya, it's called the b-pillar and is usually very strong as long as
        you tie to the actual pillar, and not just to the window frames, if
        you get the distinction.

        Bill in Houston