Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Little voices

Expand Messages
  • starnescr <starnescr@yahoo.com>
    Hi everbody except those on the SEHHA hike. They are out hiking right now. After discussing the situatinon with Paul last night we decided to not attemt the
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 22, 2003
    • 0 Attachment
      Hi everbody except those on the SEHHA hike. They are out hiking
      right now. After discussing the situatinon with Paul last night we
      decided to not attemt the drive over. It started storming shortly
      after midnight. Around 2 AM Paul started to my house but it was
      very stormy in places and foggy in others so he returned home to
      call me and see if we should wait a few hours and then start or just
      wait untill a more faviorable weekend to hike. I had already
      unplugged all the phones in the house but one due to the lightning.
      After painful deliberation we fianally decided to heed the little
      voices that kept saying this trip was not intended for us. We
      figgured we would be driving with the storm as it advanced east.
      Botton line we chickend out if you want to call it that. But on the
      bright side by us not going it will probabley turn out to be a
      beautiful day over there. Of cours I over slept this morning. I
      wanted to try and contact Dave and let him know not to wait on us. I
      just now got his voice mail and said don't wait on us. I really hate
      the though of them waiting on us. I hope another trip will be
      scedualed before too long, and everything works out for Paul and
      myself to attend. My son was really disapointed.

      Coy Boy
    • Marge Prothman
      There will be another time Coy and I know your son is disappointed. The weather can really fool you, this morning we woke up to about 3 inches of new snow here
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 22, 2003
      • 0 Attachment
        There will be another time Coy and I know your son is disappointed.
        The weather can really fool you, this morning we woke up to about 3 inches
        of new snow here at the house, bright blue sky and sunshine and I was ready
        to GO skiing. Then I phoned the Hot line and found out the chairlifts are
        closed down, due to high winds in the mountains, and the roads up higher
        have drifting snow. And all of that is just a 30 minute drive from where I
        live. GADS you never know. So I am bummed out, not going on the mountain
        and cannot go skate skiing, there is 8 inches of ungroomed new snow on the
        trails
        Cheers,

        Marge


        -----Original Message-----
        From: starnescr <starnescr@...> [mailto:starnescr@...]
        Sent: Saturday, February 22, 2003 8:45 AM
        To: hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: Hammock Camping Little voices


        Hi everbody except those on the SEHHA hike. They are out hiking
        right now. After discussing the situatinon with Paul last night we
        decided to not attemt the drive over. It started storming shortly
        after midnight. Around 2 AM Paul started to my house but it was
        very stormy in places and foggy in others so he returned home to
        call me and see if we should wait a few hours and then start or just
        wait untill a more faviorable weekend to hike. I had already
      • starnescr <starnescr@yahoo.com>
        Hi Marge Cody is already over it. He just left with friends back to the regional finals. Girls won yesterday but boys lost. And I just went to the store and
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 22, 2003
        • 0 Attachment
          Hi Marge

          Cody is already over it. He just left with friends back to the
          regional finals. Girls won yesterday but boys lost. And I just went
          to the store and found a voice message when my signal picked up.
          Dave headed out this AM wondering where we might be. Now I feel
          even more guilty. OH well Maybe he will pick up my voice mail
          somewhere. BTW I just went on a 3 mile hike. Seemed a good day to
          try out my Bite sandals with my pack really loaded. Had 31 lbs in my
          pack counting food and water. I hiked down to the creek and met my
          neighbor taking pics of the high water. Got him to get a couple of
          me wading the creek. I definantly would need to invest in some
          waterproof socks if I planed on making this a habit. But by the
          timne I hiked home my wool blend socks were nearl dry.

          Coy Boy


          --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Marge Prothman" <marge@p...>
          wrote:
          > There will be another time Coy and I know your son is disappointed.
          > The weather can really fool you, this morning we woke up to about
          3 inches
          > of new snow here at the house, bright blue sky and sunshine and I
          was ready
          > to GO skiing. Then I phoned the Hot line and found out the
          chairlifts are
          > closed down, due to high winds in the mountains, and the roads up
          higher
          > have drifting snow. And all of that is just a 30 minute drive
          from where I
          > live. GADS you never know. So I am bummed out, not going on the
          mountain
          > and cannot go skate skiing, there is 8 inches of ungroomed new
          snow on the
          > trails
          > Cheers,
          >
          > Marge
          >
          >
          > -----Original Message-----
          > From: starnescr <starnescr@y...> [mailto:starnescr@y...]
          > Sent: Saturday, February 22, 2003 8:45 AM
          > To: hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com
          > Subject: Hammock Camping Little voices
          >
          >
          > Hi everbody except those on the SEHHA hike. They are out hiking
          > right now. After discussing the situatinon with Paul last night we
          > decided to not attemt the drive over. It started storming shortly
          > after midnight. Around 2 AM Paul started to my house but it was
          > very stormy in places and foggy in others so he returned home to
          > call me and see if we should wait a few hours and then start or
          just
          > wait untill a more faviorable weekend to hike. I had already
        • Ed Speer
          Ok here s the initial trip report--Those deciding not to come at the last minute mad the right move. Yes, it rained, hard. It hailed. the wind blew, hard.
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 23, 2003
          • 0 Attachment
            Message
            Ok here's the initial trip report--Those deciding not to come at the last minute mad the right move.  Yes, it rained, hard.  It hailed. the wind blew, hard.  Thunder. Lightning.  Youngblood and myself hiked 5 mil to camps ite on Sat, then 5mi to the end on Sun am.  The big news was the big tree that blew down between our 2 hammocks!  But no one was hurt.  More details later--I'm very short on time right now...Ed
             
             
            From: starnescr <starnescr@...> [mailto:starnescr@...]
            Sent: Saturday, February 22, 2003 10:45 AM
            To: hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com
            Subject: Hammock Camping Little voices

            Hi everbody except those on the SEHHA hike.  They are out hiking
            right now. After discussing the situatinon with Paul last night we
            decided to not attemt the drive over. It started storming shortly
            after midnight.  Around 2 AM  Paul started to my house but it was
            very stormy in places and foggy in others so he returned home to
            call me and see if we should wait a few hours and then start or just
            wait untill a more faviorable weekend to hike.  I had already
            unplugged all the phones in the house but one due to the lightning.
            After painful deliberation we fianally decided to heed the little
            voices that kept saying this trip was not intended for us.  We
            figgured we would be driving with the storm as it advanced east.
            Botton line we chickend out if you want to call it that. But on the
            bright side by us not going it will probabley turn out to be a
            beautiful day over there. Of cours I over slept this morning.  I
            wanted to try and contact Dave and let him know not to wait on us. I
            just now got his voice mail and said don't wait on us. I really hate
            the though of them waiting on us. I hope another trip will be
            scedualed before too long, and everything works out for Paul and
            myself to attend.  My son was really disapointed.  

            Coy Boy



            To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
            hammockcamping-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com



            Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.
          • Shane
            ... Sounds like perfect hammock testing weather... ... Well, shame on you for camping within falling distance of a tree that might fall. ;) Shane
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 24, 2003
            • 0 Attachment
              > Yes, it rained, hard. It hailed. the wind blew, hard.
              > Thunder. Lightning.

              Sounds like perfect hammock testing weather...

              > The big news was the big tree that blew down between our 2
              > hammocks!

              Well, shame on you for camping within falling distance of a tree that might
              fall. ;)

              Shane
            • Ed Speer
              Yeah, we never even noticed the tree--until it was falling! It certainly did make a lot of noise crashing down...Ed From: Shane
              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 24, 2003
              • 0 Attachment
                Message
                Yeah, we never even noticed the tree--until it was falling!  It certainly did make a lot of noise crashing down...Ed
                 
                 
                From: Shane [mailto:shane@...]
                Sent: Monday, February 24, 2003 2:04 PM
                To: hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com
                Subject: RE: Hammock Camping Little voices
                Well, shame on you for camping within falling distance of a tree that might
                fall.  ;)

                Shane
              • Susan Turner <HammockHanger@attbi.com>
                Ed: If you hadn t been there would it have made noise??? HH
                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 24, 2003
                • 0 Attachment
                  Ed: If you hadn't been there would it have made noise??? HH
                • Ed Speer
                  LOL Hey HH, I spoke to Chris Stevens last night--you ran into him on the Florida Trail recently. You even reported this in an earlier post. He s decided to
                  Message 8 of 8 , Feb 24, 2003
                  • 0 Attachment
                    Message
                    LOL
                     
                    Hey HH, I spoke to Chris Stevens last night--you ran into him on the Florida Trail recently.  You even reported this in an earlier post.  He's decided to hike the entire East Coast Trail, even re-hiking the parts he hiked last year.  He's carrying a Speer Hammock & PeaPod and reports they kept him dry and warm during the weekend storms.  He didn't think my falling tree story was funny either...Ed
                     
                    -----Original Message-----
                    From: Susan Turner <HammockHanger@...> [mailto:HammockHanger@...]
                    Sent: Monday, February 24, 2003 6:33 PM
                    To: hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com
                    Subject: Re: Hammock Camping Little voices

                    Ed: If you hadn't been there would it have made noise???  HH
                  Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.