catenary ridge line on tarp

  • Eric Sandberg
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 15, 2004
      I'm in the midst of making a poncho/tarp and would like to put a
      catenary cut in the ridge line of it. Does anyone know how much of
      a cut to put into it?

      The most common I've heard was about 3 inches of dip for a ten foot
      run. Has anyone experimented with different amounts?

      I'm hoping to finish it this weekend (gonna rain pretty good next
      several days so I can try it out) so promp replies will be very
      helpful.

      Thanks