HammockWiki - The Encyclopedia

  • geoflyfisher <geoflyfisher@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 21, 2003
      Good evening and good camping gang!

      I hope the evening brings great camping down in SC for the whole
      bunch of you. Looks like we Ohioans will be having the same sort of
      rain you will get. I will be out hiking on Saturday in the rain and
      will think of your trip as well.

      I finally was able to put a little time into forming a new tool which
      I hope all of you find useful. It is HammockWiki, an encyclopedia of
      sorts which I hope you all will participate in writing.

      You can visit the HammockWiki at:

      http://www.flyfisher-kayaks.com/cgi-bin/hwiki.pl

      I have also added a link to it on my ultralight page at:

      http://www.flyfisher-kayaks.com/ultralite/ultraindex.htm
      (Near the bottom on the right)

      Feel free to link to the encyclopedia from your pages if you wish.

      Essentially it is a group of homepages which anyone can help to
      write. You can edit each of the pages, add new pages, reference
      images stored on your own homepages or on picture servers on the web,
      and in general do what you would usually do with a home page.

      At the bottom of the first page is a link to the instructions for
      editing a page... also links to learn what other Wiki pages on the
      net look like.

      I hope you each write a little article or edit one that someone else
      enters. There is room for many opinions on any subject. I encourage
      you to list the info you find useful and think you might like to get
      back to another time:

      A few commonsense rules:

      Don't list a bunch of information which is copyright and which goes
      beyond fair use without permission. Reference it instead of
      copying. (Oh, Ed and Ernst, I put a picture of each of you up on the
      Hammock Campers page. If you do not want it there or want to change
      which picture is used, just edit and change it please.)

      Don't go deleting what one of your friends wrote.. if you disagree,
      just add your take.

      And please, click on "Preferences" before editing something and list
      your name or trail name or some way so that others can see who has
      been contributing - to try to figure that out from the server you are
      using is cumbersome - which is what will show up on recent changes if
      you do not use preferences to sign in.

      Any problems with the system, please respond here or to me by email
      at rick@...

      Happy hiking and hammock hanging!

      Rick <><
    • Shane Steinkamp
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 21, 2003
        > I finally was able to put a little time into forming a new
        > tool which I hope all of you find useful. It is
        > HammockWiki, an encyclopedia of sorts which I hope you all
        > will participate in writing.

        Cool. I filled in the 'What Is' page. There needs to be a 'how to set up a
        hammock' on the front page. If nobody else does I'll add one later.

        Shane
      • Carol Crooker
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 22, 2003
          Very nice Rick!
          Carol Crooker
          Transformation Coach

          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 24, 2003
            I filled in the 'What Is' page. There needs to be a 'how to set up
            > hammock' on the front page. If nobody else does I'll add one later.

            Hi Shane,

            I saw your entry. Thanks! I went back and created some "stubs" in
            your entry. For now, they are little blue questionmarks after a word
            or phrase. The intent is for someone else to be able to come along
            and write a little on each of those terms.

            Please feel free to add anything you think needs to be added to the
            front page or anywhere else. That is the way the Wiki is meant to be.

            <><