Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: Feet Higher Than Head?

    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 1, 2004
      jonas4321@... wrote:

      >On the two nights last weekend I was in the hammock, the first night my
      >feet were a little low, and I slid down a bit. The next night, I had
      >raised the foot end, but I think I got it a little too high, as I woke up
      >with a headache (and I don't usually wake with a headache). Anyone else
      >experience this?

      Headache on the second night of camping is often due to
      - caffine withdrawl
      - dehydration

      I find that having my feet higher at night, makes them feel better in
      the morning.

      Risk
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 1, 2004
        Dave Womble wrote:

        >Jackie, that is very useful. Thanks for sharing it with us. It is
        >cetainly something that I am glad to be aware of so that I can
        >quickly recognise the condition and try to remedy it quickly if it
        >ever happens. Sounds a little like one thing leads to another, leads
        >to another, but elevated feet can be a major contributer to the
        >domino effect and it is necessary to immediately remove the pressure
        >on your cranium by quit elevating the feet if something doesn't feel
        >right in your head. I have experienced domino effect problems that
        >get out of hand when I have scuba dived in the past and the immediate
        >remedy is of course, to get to the surface to relief the symtoms
        >associated with the increased pressure.
        >
        >Youngblood
        >
        >--- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "jackie lynn evans"

        Dave,

        What Jackie did not mention is that vascular headaches don't happen to
        everyone. If a hiker has a history of vascular headaches, then watching
        out for putting the feet too high is a great idea. If the camper has
        not had them (migranes, etc.) then it is unlikely that sleeping with the
        feet slightly elevated will give a hammock camper their first vascular
        headache.

        Risk, MD