Big Agnes Zirkel used in Hammock down to 20F

  • djdurham1 <djdurham@netzero.net>
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 20, 2003
      Here is a link to SGT Rock's site. It discusses using a Big Agnes
      Zirkel with reflectix and a closed cell pad down to 20F, the rated
      limit of the bag.

      http://hikinghq.net/forum/showthread.php?
      s=a7a6bda8865e249b8cf2a3d0c2a9ff0a&threadid=356

      If you cannot click on the link go to

      http://hikinghq.net/forum/

      Click on hammock camping and then Big Agnes Zirkel.

      The attraction of the Big Agnes (BA) Zirkel is the simplicity of the
      solution to staying warm down to 20. BA has a 0 degree F bag for
      those of an even heartier disposition. See this link.

      http://www.bigagnes.com

      I will be testing a Speer and the BA Zirkel with the standard one
      inch self-inflating pad (rated to 25F) within a few days and provide
      a brief report.

      Douglas Durham
    • starnescr <starnescr@yahoo.com>
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 20, 2003
        Hey Douglas

        Good to hear from you. I still hope to hike the Dolly Sods (Sp?)
        you frequent. Wouldn't it be great if BA made a DAM (down air
        mattress) for thier sleepingbags.

        Coy Boy

        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "djdurham1 <djdurham@n...>"

      • drdlm <drdlm@yahoo.com>
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 21, 2003
          Just in passing, I am the one who posted the Big Agnes
          Zirkel /reflextix - closed cell combo that kept me warm to actually
          below 20 degrees in the mountains of Washington. The wind was also
          blowing but I am sold on the system as it worked so well for me. I
          have frozen my butt off in warmer temps using other methods (car sun
          screens etc) and if the temp looks like it'll get below 35 degrees,
          I'm taking the system with me. I'll post some pics on this in a few
          days but right now I am typing this from a library on the Oregon
          Coast. I'll be happy to entertain emails on my system should you
          want to know more but give me a few days to do so. Love my Hennessey
          Hammock, I''ll never go back to a tent.
          Dean