Re: Bugnet Tube a Success

  • Paul Kaercher
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 28, 2004
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, jonas4321@j... wrote:
      I suppose I could stuff a bit of clothing in the ends if the bugs
      were really on the offensive.

      You might try treating the ends of your bug net with
      permethrin. Any insects trying to get through the small
      opening will likely die in the attempt.
      Permethrin is also repellent so depending on the size of the hole in
      the ends of the tube, and the amount of chemical you can get to stick
      to the netting, you may find that those little flying teeth won't
      even try
      and get through.

      Paul
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2004
        This sounds like a great solution for black flies! It would also be
        good for those areas with particularly offensive noseeums or mosquitoes.

        Risk