Possible insulation solution (once the price drops)

  • moneymakerjk1
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 27, 2004
      Check out this link:
      http://www.fortune.com/fortune/smallbusiness/artic
      les/0,15114,456040,00.html

      it's about aerogel, a 21 century insulator(try a google search too)...
      very cool stuff, a bit pricey for hammock camping (for the moment),
      but the industry is looking to make it comparable with fiberglass
      insulation....
      who knows...lots of interesting possibilities!!!!

      Neophyte
    • moneymakerjk1
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 27, 2004
        here is another link: it's available in batting!
        not sure of the cost tho...

        http://www.aerogel.com/products.htm

        Neophyte
      • Bill Fornshell
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 27, 2004
          Don't get your hopes up. I talked to this company on
          the phone not long ago and it is not available for
          sale. It was used in a couple of items last year like
          gloves and a very very high priced Jacket. I think
          you can still buy the gloves with it but not the
          Jacket.

          The company said they only make a small amount of the
          stuff and it was all sold out ahead of time.

          For now Down and some of the PolarGaurd type stuff is
          as good as I think you are going to get.

          Bill in Texas

          http://vote.yahoo.com