RE: Hammock Camping Pea Pod - maybe?

  • David Chinell
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 19, 2003
      Message
      Ed and Sarge:

      I have and use the poncho liner of which you speak. It makes a great top blanket. I've never used it as a bottom blanket, but I'm sure it would work great. It packs small and light, but keeps me warm down to the low 50s easily. I especially like the extra width as a top blanket in the HH, as I can stuff the extra material between me and the odd cold spot.

      You know, I'm really enjoying the evolution of the Garlington Insulator into the multi-purpose shell/poncho. It's so easy to forget about thinking outside the box. Last expedition I actually had my Campmor extra long poncho with me, but never thought of using it as a shell until I got home and read the email.

      Sheesh.

      Bear