Re: First Time

  • dlfrost_1
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 24, 2004
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Randy Saylor" <r.saylor@s...>
      wrote:
      > Now when I got in things were much better but I noticed that
      > the poles held the tarp up and a nice pocket was formed to
      > collect rain water.

      > HH supplies a rope (that in any other world would be called
      > a string) at each end of the tarp. Using these two 'strings',
      > I tied the tarp between two trees.

      Those two black lines are the side tie out lines that are secured to
      the stakes on either side of the hammock. You might want to add a
      seperate ridge line for the tarp. This will give you a solid shed-
      roof pitch even without the hammock.

      Like lots of other people I also carry the HH tarp in a seperate sack
      so I can put it up in the rain, and to store it away from everything
      else when wet.

      Doug Frost