Hammock Tarp with Catenary Ridge

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 24 5:13 AM
      I ran across this the other day and thought I would pass it on to the
      group. Another ultralight gear company, Mountain Laurel Designs, is
      offering a hammock tarp <
      http://www.mountainlaureldesigns.com/tarppage.html - several pages
      down under Shaped Super Tarps>. This one is diamond shaped with a
      cross diagonal of 9.5 feet and seam diagonal of 10.5 feet. It has a
      catenary curve on the seam diagonal and the perimeters. It is a BIG
      tarp that they say that "Hammock users can get a very tight and wind
      worthy pitch with only two stakes". However they do mention lots of
      additional tieouts. I haven't seen one so I don't know much more
      about it.

      I personally favor the extra coverage of a rectangular tarp and have
      made my own rectangular tarps with a catenary curve on the ridgeline
      seam. I have been very impressed with them, especially when used
      with my hammock. Anyhow, this is the first commerically available
      hammock tarp that I have noticed with a catenary ridgeline so I
      thought it might be of interest.

      Youngblood