First post...... and first night in a hammock

  • Craig
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 11, 2004
      Hi all....this is my first post to this group I recently joined.

      I also just spent my first night in my new Hennessy Safari and it was
      the best!! Although its not that cold yet I had good luck with a
      cheapy Wal-mart open-cell pad and an opened up generic sleeping bag
      on top of that. I used a wool blanket to cover up with and I think
      that it would take me down to at least 40*F I was very comfortable,
      and had plenty of room to move around and adjust things if I had to.
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 11, 2004
        Craig wrote:

        >Hi all....this is my first post to this group I recently joined.
        >
        >I also just spent my first night in my new Hennessy Safari and it was
        >the best!! Although its not that cold yet I had good luck with a
        >cheapy Wal-mart open-cell pad and an opened up generic sleeping bag
        >on top of that. I used a wool blanket to cover up with and I think
        >that it would take me down to at least 40*F I was very comfortable,
        >and had plenty of room to move around and adjust things if I had to.

        Craig,

        Welcome! I am glad the first time was great. Your set-up sounds just
        fine and you obviously learned a little before you made your first
        overnight. BTW, the Walmart pad is probably a closed cell pad. The cut
        edge looks like it is open cell, but unless it soaks up water, it is
        closed cell.

        Can't wait to hear about your next experiments and hikes.

        Risk