Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: Bug shirt for hammock

  • ra1@imrisk.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 7, 2004
      Quoting jonas4321@...:

      > Risk, how do you do that from inside the bugnet tube?

      Having not tried it, I can say that I believe it would be easy enough to simply
      pinch the bugnet between thumb and finger, and grab the edge of the hammock
      tube. I have a tendency to think of the bugnet as a flat plane instead of piece
      of cloth - lots of ideas come to mind when I remember that I am not limited to
      geometrical planes and solids.

      Or I could attach a little string to the edge of the hammock tube and pull it
      down - grabbing it through the bugnet.

      Or I could attach a small string to the edge of the hammock tube and have that
      string go through a button hole, or a hem-like tube about two or three inches
      long in the bugnet.

      Or ...

      Several other ideas come to mind, but all are more complicated than the first one.

      That is one of the
      > dilemmas I am facing with my concept of a drawstring on both ends. I can
      > see pulling the tube over the foot end after it is drawn tight, but the
      > head end, I'd be drawing tight from inside. How sealed does this need to
      > be? I know you have had your bugnets draped over the sides of your
      > hammocks, does this provide enough closure to keep the little buggers
      > from finding their way in along the sides?

      So far, plenty for mosquitoes and noseeums. I have not had the privledge of
      hosting northern black flies at my campsite.

      Risk