Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: Bug shirt for hammock

  • ra1@imrisk.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 7, 2004
      As for closing the end... pulling the hammock tube down an inch or two over the
      end of the netting is a great way to seal the end.

      Risk

    • jonas4321@juno.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 7, 2004
        Risk, how do you do that from inside the bugnet tube? That is one of the
        dilemmas I am facing with my concept of a drawstring on both ends. I can
        see pulling the tube over the foot end after it is drawn tight, but the
        head end, I'd be drawing tight from inside. How sealed does this need to
        be? I know you have had your bugnets draped over the sides of your
        hammocks, does this provide enough closure to keep the little buggers
        from finding their way in along the sides?

        On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 12:21:01 -0400 ra1@... writes:
        > As for closing the end... pulling the hammock tube down an inch or
        > two over the
        > end of the netting is a great way to seal the end.

        Get your name as your email address.
      • ra1@imrisk.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 7, 2004
          Quoting jonas4321@...:

          > Risk, how do you do that from inside the bugnet tube?

          Having not tried it, I can say that I believe it would be easy enough to simply
          pinch the bugnet between thumb and finger, and grab the edge of the hammock
          tube. I have a tendency to think of the bugnet as a flat plane instead of piece
          of cloth - lots of ideas come to mind when I remember that I am not limited to
          geometrical planes and solids.

          Or I could attach a little string to the edge of the hammock tube and pull it
          down - grabbing it through the bugnet.

          Or I could attach a small string to the edge of the hammock tube and have that
          string go through a button hole, or a hem-like tube about two or three inches
          long in the bugnet.

          Or ...

          Several other ideas come to mind, but all are more complicated than the first one.

          That is one of the
          > dilemmas I am facing with my concept of a drawstring on both ends. I can
          > see pulling the tube over the foot end after it is drawn tight, but the
          > head end, I'd be drawing tight from inside. How sealed does this need to
          > be? I know you have had your bugnets draped over the sides of your
          > hammocks, does this provide enough closure to keep the little buggers
          > from finding their way in along the sides?

          So far, plenty for mosquitoes and noseeums. I have not had the privledge of
          hosting northern black flies at my campsite.

          Risk